Thursday 24 March 2011

Smiling Baby

This baby, my son, is the happiest baby I know. He does most of his sleeping at night (today he didn't get up until 8am, usually it is closer 5or6)and always wakes up smiling regardless of the hour. This sure helps for those feadings after midnight.
The other day I'm out with baby in a carrier as usual. We had gone for a walk and he fell asleep, as he often does. We were in the hair product section when he woke up. I noticed he was awake and started talking to him about where we had been for our walk and were we are now. A woman shopping near us turned, upon hearing his name, and said "I know this baby. The one who smiles when he looks at you". It turns out they had met in a coffee shop, many days prior, with my husband.

In a few of my saddest tear-filled moments not only has he smiled at me but giggled too.
"He really is an angel" to quote my sweet husband.

2 comments:

  1. They are Angels arent they..thank God for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you'd LOVE being a Mama. ;~) So happy to know you're enjoying this precious time with baby.

    Here in Bali they also know that babies are angels sent by the gods!

    ReplyDelete